Fairface Washcloths / Facecloths


Fairface™ Washcloths
, also known as Rosacea Washcloths, are the best washcloths for sensitive skin. Whether you suffer from Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, or overall sensitive skin, Fairface™ Washcloths can offer you soothing relief.

♥ FEATURED ON PSORIASIS.ORG • INTO THE GLOSS • DETAILS MAGAZINE(GQ)• & MORE ♥

Our unique, signature, soft imported 100% cotton flannel soothes your face as it cleans gently, without redness & irritation. Pair with your favorite cleanser. Wash & reuse.
*Available exclusively through FairfaceWashcloths.com or Fairface Washcloths Etsy Shop.


Rosacea skin care routine

How to care for Rosacea skin
I have Rosacea - how do I care for it?
As those of us with Rosacea prone skin or other sensitive skin conditions know, how to care for our skin is a real concern and can leave us with many unanswered questions.

Common questions when caring for Rosacea prone skin:

  • What cleanser should I use that won't irritate my face?
  • Where can I find a soft washcloth that won't hurt my face when I wash it?
  • What moisturizer will give me enough protection without being too greasy?
  • What sunscreen should I use and should I use it with a regular moisturizer?
  • What make-up won't irritate my face & will cover the redness?
  • Is there a medication I can use on my face?
  • How long after applying the rosacea medication should I wait to apply a moisturizer?

What Causes Rosacea?

Just to give you some background, I'll quickly summarize what I've learned about what causes Rosacea. Learning about what causes it helped me develop a routine to keep my skin Rosacea-flare-free.
Research has shown that bacteria and/or face mite's are possible contributors to Rosacea break-outs. Others believe it to be a vascular disorder because of the flushing and redness, or aggravated nervous system sending out increased blood flow to the face during stress, causing swelling to the skin. Rosacea symptoms can also be triggered by certain foods, exercise, stress, skin care products, weather conditions, etc.
*[see Rosacea.org]

Rosacea Skin Care Routine

I'll admit, my skin care routine takes priority in my personal care. I'm officially high maintenance. It's important to me to keep my face as clean and clear as possible and I know that if I follow my skin care routine religiously, I have clear skin much more often. All the work and attention I give to my skin care routine is worth it!

Everyone's skin is different, but this combination of care and products works for me. Hopefully it can work for you too!

Laundry care to prevent Rosacea flare-ups

I may be a little over-zealous, but I sleep on a fresh pillow case every night. I follow a flip schedule where I sleep on one side, then the next night I flip it and the next night use a clean pillow case. It may seem like overkill to some, but it keeps my skin clear and happy.

I also change our sheets weekly and wash sheets and pillow cases together in hot water with dye-free, hypoallergenic detergent. I also dry them on hot without a fabric softener.

My Skin Care routine to prevent Rosacea flare-ups


Morning

  • Wake and shower within about 30 minutes
  • Shower water is comfortably warm, but not hot
  • Wash hair first, then body, rinse all soap off 
  • Wash face last with fresh, clean Fairface Washcloth (softest washcloths for Rosacea and sensitive skin)
  • Use Vanicream gentle cleanser with soft Fairface Washcloth, clean without scrubbing
  • Rinse cleanser completely off face
  • Wrap hair in hair towel
  • Use a clean, dry washcloth to pat dry my face
  • Apply Rosacea topical medication 
  • Wait about 5 minutes and apply Vanicream moisturizer to face
  • After 15+ minutes, apply Eucerin Sunscreen 30 to face, neck and chest area
  • After 10+ minutes, apply medium coverage Mary Kay foundation make-up with a clean latex-free make-up applicator sponge
Evening

  • Use elastic headband to pull back hair
  • Rinse face with warm water (not hot)
  • Apply Vanicream gentle cleanser to the a clean, fresh Fairface Washcloth, and clean face gently without scrubbing
  • Blot face dry with a fresh, clean washcloth or towel
  • Apply Rosacea topical medication 
  • Wait about 10 minutes and apply Vanicream to face and eye area


Other tip:
I also find that if I'm outside for at least 30 minutes a day my skin seems to be better overall. Being outside allows ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and mites on your skin. A bit of sunshine is best, but always wear sunscreen and stay cool (rosacea likes to flare in heat).


Since I started this routine, my face has been so much clearer and virtually flare-free! Making sure to use a clean, fresh washcloth for every face wash, blotting dry with a clean hand towel or clean washcloth, laundering towels and sheets with hypo-allergenic detergent and no fabric softeners to alleviate chemical irritants, and using clean pillow cases nightly has dramatically increased my clear skin days.

Hope some of these tips help.
Wishing you happy skin too!


soft washcloths for sensitive skin Rosacea, Eczema and Acne can help keep skin clear