Fairface Washcloths / Facecloths


Fairface™ Washcloths
, also known as Rosacea Washcloths, are the best washcloths for sensitive skin. Whether you suffer from Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, or overall sensitive skin, Fairface™ Washcloths can offer you soothing relief.

♥ FEATURED ON PSORIASIS.ORG • INTO THE GLOSS • DETAILS MAGAZINE(GQ)• & MORE ♥

Our unique, signature, soft imported 100% cotton flannel soothes your face as it cleans gently, without redness & irritation. Pair with your favorite cleanser. Wash & reuse.
*Available exclusively through FairfaceWashcloths.com or Fairface Washcloths Etsy Shop.


Rosacea friendly make-up and skin care

Make-up and Skin Care for Rosacea: my favorite products
Do you have Rosacea and still wear make-up?

It can be tricky for some with Rosacea to find make-up that doesn't irritate their skin plus also provide adequate coverage for the redness.

Ocular Rosacea can also make wearing eye make-up difficult as it can irritate the eyes, and with excess tearing, wash the eye liner or mascara back into the eye. Sting! 

I feel pretty lucky that my Rosacea-prone skin and eyes tolerate most make-up. I try to keep my make-up routine (and skin care routine) very simple, and although I wonder if there's something even better out there for me, I'm happy with my current Rosacea "friendly" products.

*I have included product links for your convenience. Full disclosure below.

My Simple Rosacea Make-up Routine


Foundation: 

I've been using Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation for almost 15 years. It covers my redness pretty well and doesn't irritate my skin. I still can get itchy sometimes but I'm not sure if it's directly associated with the foundation or my skin just being my skin. I recommend finding a Mary Kay consultant in your area and not buying it through a marketplace like Amazon. I made that mistake once and could tell the product I received was not at the quality standard it should have been.

Foundation applicators:

I use these Up & Up brand Latex Free Foam Cosmetic Wedges from Target. My skin does well with these. I just blot the foundation on with the sponges, no dragging. I have tried other makeup sponges but they seem to "drink" the foundation and don't blot as well on my face, so I still with these.
  

Eye liner:

Maybelline New York Unstoppable Mechanical Liner has been my go-to for a while and it doesn't irritate my eyes.  I like to buy the double-pack at Walmart but you can find them on Amazon as well. They last me a long time.


Mascara:

My daily for lashes at the moment is Loreal's Voluminous mascara with the straight brush head. I like it because it goes on pretty smoothly and washes off easily. The hard thing about wearing mascara in general is when tears form and they wash mascara back into my eye. Don't get me started on the sting. Combine that with cutting an onion and you're one hot mess! BTW I never use waterproof mascara as it is really hard to get off my lashes.


As you can see, my Rosacea friendly make-up routine really is quite simple. I don't bother with blush (hello, already have it naturally) and keep my eyes simple without a bunch of eye shadow. So the next question is, how do I get all that make-up off without irritating my Rosacea-prone skin?


My Simple Rosacea Skin Care Routine


The key to Rosacea skin care is to keep it GENTLE.
Gentle cleansers, gentle face cloths, gentle motion, gentle blotting, gentle moisturizers, you get the picture.

My favorite gentle cleanser:

Vanicream gentle facial cleanser is by far my favorite face wash. I prefer the liquid face wash over the bar. It has been gentle for my Rosacea and doesn't irritate my skin. I love it because it's free from common irritants, and my face feels clean but not tight when I'm done washing. 

My favorite gentle washcloths for washing my face and make-up removal:

soft face cloths for rosacea face washing gentle for sensitive skin Fairface
I apply the Vanicream gentle face wash with a soft washcloth. The best and only cloths you should be using for washing your face if you have Rosacea, are Fairface Washcloths.

They are soft and gentle so they don't cause redness or irritation to your skin. The smooth, thick double-layers of soft flannel will help keep your skin calm as you wash it.

They really are the best washcloths for sensitive skin and, naturally, they are all I use.



If you're the type who hates to dirty up a perfectly lovely white washcloth, you may want to opt for the new line of soft black washcloths- Fairface Darks: Double layers of thick, soft black flannel with the same gentle qualities of the white cloths, but without the worries of make-up stains left behind.

Rosacea soft black washcloths - gentle for washing your face and removing makeup | FairfaceWashcloths

Gentle eye make-up remover:

In addition to washing my face with Vanicream gentle cleanser, I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover to get the last remnants of mascara and eye liner off. It's gentle and it doesn't irritate my eyes. 

Gentle moisturizer:

Back to Vanicream people! I love the Vanicream Lite Lotion and slather it all over my face, use it on my neck, chest and even on my arms. I also use the Vanicream Skin Cream in the winter when I need a little heavier coverage. *Because I use a topical medication for Rosacea (which I apply after washing my face) I apply my moisturizer after the topical medication.

Itch relief moisturizer:

Sarna Sensitive lotion is a medicated moisturizer that relieves the itch of eczema and sensitive dry skin. It is heaven-sent on days where my skin feels a little more dry or sensitive. It's cooling, and soothing to the skin and since it's fragrance and steroid-free you can use it every day.

For daytime SPF:

I just wanted to throw this in because, although SPF is not needed at night, this is a vital part of my skin care routine every day. In addition to the products above, in the day time I use Eucerin Daily Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30. I love this and have been using it for years. It's light weight and still protects well. I use it under my make-up and it goes on smoothly. I highly recommend it.




Disclosures:
*For products linked through Amazon, as an Amazon Associate I earn a small percentage for each item purchased through my links.

Photo credit girl: valerie elash onunsplash
Photo credit washcloths: ©Fairface™ Washcloths



Have you found a good brand of make-up or skin care products that your skin tolerates well and doesn't aggravate your Rosacea? Leave us a comment and let us know!

+

Fairface Washcloths, the best soft washcloths for washing your face if you have Rosacea or sensitive skin, can be found through FairfaceWashcloths.com OR FairfaceWashcloths.etsy.com